We’ve been looking so far at Valentine’s gifts for her, and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to talk about the gifts you can give to your sweetheart if you’re considering getting down on one knee and asking for her hand in marriage. And what better time to do it than on Valentine’s Day.
After a few years of dating you’ve finally decided to pop the question, which means you’re probably considering buying an engagement present for your soon to be fiancee. There may also be a few of you reading this that have been invited to an engagement party and are undecided about what to buy for the happy couple. For both of these scenarios we’ll be helping by introducing you to some engagement gifts ideas that we know will please you and the engaged couple as well as your future bride to be.
Best Engagement Gift Ideas for Her
24k Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold.
- It perfectly combines the beauty of a rose and the majesty of fine gold.
- Presented in an exquisite leather case, and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Yellow Natural Rose Glazed & Trimmed
- A real yellow rose which has been hand-picked at its height of beauty.
- Perfectly glazed with a trim of 24 karat gold
- Presented in a stylish display case made from PU leather, with a double-sided authenticity certificate.
Red Glazed Rose Heart Pendant
- Luxurious pendant created from red natural miniature rose petals.
- Styled in a heart shape, the pendant is studded with 21 radiant synthetic diamonds.
- Presented in a thick navy-blue velvet pouch, backed up by a lifetime warranty.
How to find an engagement gift for the couple
Choosing an engagement party gift can be stressful. Don’t worry because the key is to keep things simple. Follow our quick tips for choosing engagement gifts and you’ll be spending less time worrying about the suitability of your gift and more time enjoying the party.
Your engagement present doesn’t have to break the bank
It’s highly likely that you’ll be buying the couple a wedding gift a little further down the line, so don’t worrying about spending hundreds of dollars on their engagement gift. A great way to think of your gift is the entree, with your wedding gift being the main course.
We’re not going to mention a minimum and maximum price as everyone is different and so is every soon to married couple. Much better to consider your gift as a way of expressing your feelings, because it’s the thought that counts far more than any price tag.
Your gift is a way to congratulations, and there’s no best engagement gift competition you’ll be looking to win. Keep your engagement gifts ideas simple such as a picture frame, photo album or gift voucher for a restaurant.
Don’t rule out a group gift
Pool your money together and get the couple an anniversary present from all of you. It could be friends clubbing together or family members, but you can be sure that the engagement gift you give them will be worthy of such a special couple. There will also be the opportunity to give them a gift that’s unique. How about a lifetime subscription to a movie or music channel?
Be creative with your engagement gift ideas
Find a gift that’s fun and add a touch of personalisation. Engagement presents are far more casual than wedding gifts so you get to test out your imagination. Here are a few options:
- The couples favourite wine with personalised labels
- Christmas decorations with the date of the their wedding
- Personalised beach towels for those days relaxing by the ocean
- His and hers glasses or mugs
An engagement gift for her that will be lasting
You’ve made the proposal and are already making wedding plans, but you’re still looking for a thoughtful engagement gift that will remind her of this occasion for many years to come. There are plenty of gifts available, that will be as everlasting as her engagement ring.
How to choose the perfect engagement gift for her
Know what she likes and prefers and find a gift that matches or compliments her taste. You want the gift to be one that she enjoys unwrapping and will always hold dear to her heart. A sentimental gift will be cherished for many years into the future.
Buy a gift for your shared home
There are bound to be some gifts that would be considered too big to be included in your wedding gift registry so why not buy yourselves that desirable piece of furniture?
Give her an experience
- Buy tickets to a music concert, play or sporting event if she’s got a favourite. Alternatively give her the chance to drive a sports car or jump out of a plane and float to the ground. Just make sure that it’s something she’s going to find memorable.
- Enjoy a couple of nights on the town. Head over to the brights lights of a local city and spend a couple of nights away enjoying a show, followed by dinner and a stroll.
Find her something sexy to wear that will make her feel comfortable and eager to turn up the heat in the bedroom.
Fun facts about getting married in Australia
With all this talk of engagement gifts let’s look at some interesting facts connected with your upcoming nuptials.
- The number of Australians getting married has been steadily rising for the last decade and now stands at nearly 120,000 per year.
- The average Australian males marry at 29.9, while females get married slightly earlier – averaging out at 28.3 years of age.
- The total number of divorces has been in decline recently, and currently stands at 2.1 per 1000 people.
- 1 in 3 marriages now end in divorce but the length of time people stay married has been on the increase. On average their marriages last almost twelve years.
- 4 out of 5 couples live together before getting married.
- On average there are 326 marriages everyday in Australia.
- New South Wales has the greatest number of weddings.
- Most popular times to get married are spring and autumn.
- 56% of weddings are held on a Saturday.
- A very popular wedding date is Australia Day.
When you’re choosing engagement gifts, whether it’s for your partner or a couple of friends, make sure you choose a gift that comes from the heart. The best engagement gifts are thoughtful, cute, pretty and versatile. But the most important quality will be the thought that you’ve put into the gift.
An engagement is a special occasion, which calls for a special kind of gift. We’ve already pointed out that many modern couples live together before tying the knot, so find a gift that is going to be useful.